A friend of mine asked, "Why would you call yourself an Idiot ?" In other words, why use the title, 'Autobiography of an Idiot by a Genius' ?
It's the obvious question, of course.
She has a point. My subconscious could easily pick up, that I believe I am that.
However, I'm centered well enough in my core of truth, love and intelligence.
My motivation for using that title is:
- It is a catchy and relevant title.
- The book is a lot about NOW, but anything outside me is always of the past; it's not me, I always am now. So the title is not me, but it points towards a truth.
- Everyone does something from time to time, which could have been done differently, seen in the rear-view mirror. Fear or worry can make us compromise or act in a way which is actually not true and courageous. You could call this the inner coward, spoiler ... or Idiot. That's how that part of the title came about.
- My father once stood together with his 2nd wife; they met a friend of hers. He said to her about my father, "Where the hell did you find that idiot ?" My father immediately took a liking to the man because now he knew the man was honest and had courage.
Inspired by my father I realized: I will be no less if I use this title; I know who I am, and if I can help just one other person by showing humility and courage then that's my title.
But why Genius then?
- Behind the wall, door, or veil (depending on how hidden it is) of the Idiot or spoiler, there is the quiet, loving, and always very intelligent part of us, the Genius.
- If we can just learn to Love that one more, or not cover it up in the first place, then it will come alive.